THE EIGHT TOLL FREE LINE
Call 0800 THEEIGHT to be connected with a trained member of staff or volunteer.
HOW CAN THE TOLL FREE LINE HELP ME?
The Eight toll free line gives you access to a broad range of free services including:
- Someone to talk with you about what has happened (Phone counselling).
- Access to one on one counselling at the crisis center if you are willing.
- Information about the law and how to get justice for what has happened to you.
- Basic information about other medical, health and psychological concerns you may have.
IS IT CONFIDENTIAL?
- The Eight Foundation toll free line is safe, confidential and free
- All callers are connected directly to a trained staff member.
- No information will ever be released without your express consent.
- If it’s after business hours, you can send a text and your call will be returned in the morning.
WHEN CAN I CALL
The Toll free line is available Mondays – Fridays from 9.00am to 5pm.
HELP SOMEONE YOU CARE ABOUT
It’s usually difficult to know what to say when someone close to you tells you they’ve been sexually assaulted, below are a few tips:
- Listen without judgement.
- If she’s below 18, report the incident to a trusted adult.
- Encourage her to seek medical help and offer to go with her.
- Be patient and allow her deal with what has happened at her own pace.
- Tell her about The Eight Foundation and how we can help her.
- You can also call The Eight Toll Free Line for guidance on how to keep supporting your friend.