TOLL FREE LINE: 0800THEEIGHT
HOW DOES THIS WORK?
- You can receive phone counselling from any part of the country by simply calling the foundation’s toll free line.
- You can also visit our Rape Crisis Centre any time between 9.00am and 5pm for a one on one counselling session.
BENEFITS OF SPEAKING WITH A COUNSELLOR
- Counselling provides a safe, private place where you can deal with your feelings and reactions.
- A Counsellor is specially trained to understand the unique concerns you have and help you cope with the physical and emotional effects of sexual violence.
- Exploring your thoughts with a professional, non-judgmental person can make you feel less alone and give you the inner strength to process what you’ve been through.
- A counsellor can help you come to a decision about what to do.
- A counsellor can also help you deal with the reactions of family members and friends.
- Keeping quiet won’t take the pains and memories away! Instead these unresolved fears will keep you from moving on and participating fully in relationships.
All services are completely free…