TOLL FREE LINE: 0800THEEIGHT
INFO FOR ADULTS
WHAT IS SEXUAL VIOLENCE?
- Sexual Violence is any form of sexual activity where consent is not obtained or freely given. It occurs any time a person is forced, threatened or manipulated into any unwanted sexual activity.
- It can happen to anyone regardless of their age, race, social class, religion or appearance.
- Attackers can use physical force, threats, intimidation, manipulation, alcohol or drugs to make the victims feel afraid or unable to refuse them.
- Anyone below the age of 18 cannot consent to any form of sexual activity with an adult.
Have you experienced any form of sexual violence?
- Go to the nearest hospital! It feels better when you have a family member or trusted friend with you.
- The treatment will protect you against HIV, other sexually transmitted infections (STIs) and unwanted pregnancy.
- Please do not bathe, use the restroom, change clothes or underwear before going to the hospital.
- Please report to the nearest police station.
- If you want help deciding what to do, call our Toll free line 0800 THEEIGHT or visit our rape crisis centre.
- If you want to visit us but cannot afford the transportation, please call and we will provide free transportation for you.
- All visits and calls to our centre are confidential.
DO YOU SUSPECT THAT A CHILD IS BEING SEXUALLY ABUSED?
- Talk to the parents or guardians
- If you suspect that the parents or guardians are involved, please report the matter to the nearest police station.
- You can also call our toll free lines 0800 THEEIGHT
All services are completely free!!!