TOLL FREE LINE: 0800THEEIGHT
WHY DO I NEED MEDICAL CARE
- You need to get treated for any possible injuries you may or may not be able to see.
- The treatment will protect you against HIV, other sexually transmitted infections (STIs) and unwanted pregnancy.
- You may wish to have a sexual assault forensic exam where a specially trained person will collect DNA evidence that can help identify the perpetrator and ensure justice for you.
- You do not have to agree to a forensic exam to receive treatment, but doing so may give you a stronger case against the perpetrator if you decide to report the crime now or later.
FINDING MEDICAL CARE
- Once you’re in a safe place, you can call The Eight Foundation’s toll free line or visit the Mirabel Centre, located within the premises of the Lagos State University Teaching Hospital (LASUTH), Ikeja, Lagos.
- If you can, please do not bathe, use the restroom, change clothes or underwear before going to the hospital. Bring a change of clothing with you if you are able.
- If you have questions about what to expect or need clarification on how to take the medicine, you should feel comfortable asking.
All services are completely free!!!